The Single Window for Logistics (SWL) has been launched in Luxembourg on April 25, 2014 by the Council of Government and is implemented in several steps:
- 2014 - Feasibility study: opportunities and constraints
- 2015 - Identification of relevant Government Agencies and their key processes to be included in SWL
- 2016 - Definition of an implementation roadmap composed of 4 stages
- 2016 - Implementation of several projects to build up a first set of applications for licences and perishable certificates
- From 2017 on - Building an open, neutral, and multimodal Single Window Ecosystem for Logistics supporting secure data exchanges between all stakeholders, including the implementation of a State Entry Point as integral part of the Customs and Excise implementation roadmap of the new Union Customs Code based on a new IT system.
The roadmap for implementing the Single Window for Logistics has been defined together with technical, business and policy experts to:
- Align requirements of diverse stakeholders
- Outline priorities and time frames of SWL functionalities
- Study technological options for the different components
- Understand legal aspects at national and European level
- Analyze and integrate the results of the Living Labs
- Study possible parallels between processes of different Government Agencies (GAs)
- Build a strategic implementation plan for the desired platform.
The goal in 2016 was to achieve early results. Main deliverables included:
- Online permit requests for perishables
- Development of contents on perishables to build a logisitics information portal
- Conveyance schedule for perishables (fresh, food & feed, animals)
- Organizational improvement measures.
The main deliverables for next steps are:
- Full set of online permits requests for all government agencies involved in logistics
- Completed logistics information portal
- Definition of specifications to enable the re-use and exchange of data between economic operators and administrations and the sharing of relevant documents
- Implementation of the SWL Ecosystem in collaboration with Customs and all other stakeholders.